Are We Fit Programme
If you’re on a non-profit committee, council or board but have little or no knowledge of accounting, this seminar explains the types of accounting information and controls you need to know about for sound governance.
- starting with vision/mission values/beliefs – establishing core beliefs and lifestyle preference
- demystifying the financial statements, including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow statement
- budgets and budget variances – what you should look for
- policies and procedures for financial governance
- strategic goals and the links to financial performance
- internal controls – safeguarding your assets
- managing risk
- authorising transactions
- relationship with senior executives
- your potential liability
After the seminar you will be able to access additional course resources in our complimentary Financial Fitness Online Learning Centre. This includes a forum for discussions with other course participants and to communicate with the presenter, Michael Fowler. This is open for a month after the seminar, and is presently FREE.